Senior Aerospace Design Engineer
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. Having developed the first prototypes for our future products, we are looking for an experienced Aerospace Design Engineer, who shares our passion for delivering innovative technology to disrupt the industry. The successful applicant will be joining our team at an early stage, so will work closely with our Head of Design and Certification Manager to develop the first industrialised products, based on our exciting research and patented technology.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to take a leading role in shaping future aerospace products. Once in post, they will be a senior member for the Design Organisation taking R&D concepts into aerospace design solutions and then into certified, airworthy products. They will have a flexible and creative approach to system design and a sound understanding of aerospace certification, which will allow the development of new Equivalent Safety Finding or Means of Compliance, for novel systems which are disruptive within the aviation industry.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating team player, that is excited about working in a fast-paced environment, with the following experience and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Mechanical / Systems /Avionics / Aerospace Engineering / Electrical/ Electronic engineering) or equivalent
- 6+ Years of experience in aerospace design role, with both concept and detailed design capability (either component level or aircraft modifications)
- Experienced and capable CAD designer with proven design for manufacture skills
- Capable of design calculations and the interpretation of performance and structural analysis
- Detailed knowledge of the aerospace development design lifecycle, including Requirements Management, Systems Engineering and Design Verification & Validation
- Experience with leading work package teams designing aircraft fluid and/or mechanical systems (specific design experience in aircraft cabin systems is desirable, but not essential)
- Previous experience in a similar role as a drawing and report “checker” and “approver” for relevant systems
- Experience of mentoring and providing technical leadership and/or peer review to multi-discipline engineers at a working level
- Experience in working with component suppliers, including the generation of supplier Statements of Work and System Specifications
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- The ability to challenge the norm in a curious, proactive and collaborative manner
This is a unique opportunity to be involved at an early stage in an exciting venture that will provide a huge variety of opportunities to the individual in the role.
Ready to apply?
Send your CV and a statement of motivation to email@example.com Apply Now