Research & Development Engineer (experienced)
We are hiring an R&D Engineer, based in London, to help us develop exciting new products based on our innovative technology.
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. We have developed and patented a new technology which successfully re-thinks the science behind human performance, safety, and survival in various critical situations which we believe will help make the world a greener and safer place.
This is a broad and varied role to support the design and development of new products that will improve safety and save millions of dollars for the aerospace industry, and has the potential to save lives by improving medical technology. We will ask you to get involved in everything from developing initial ideas and concepts, through to working with the suppliers that will manufacture our final products. You will be joining a diverse team, who collaborate closely to solve challenging problems that will make a huge difference to a range of industries, whilst having fun together along the way!
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating team player who is excited about working in a fast-paced environment fulfilling a wide variety of tasks. We are open to considering people from a variety of scientific & engineering backgrounds, however suitable candidates are likely to have:
- PhD from a leading university or equivalent level of post degree experience, preferably with a focus on Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science.
- A demonstrated interest in supporting a business to quickly develop new ideas for solving complex technical problems
- Willingness to get stuck in to a variety different technical challenges, whenever needed
- Comfortable being personally accountable for projects
- Able to collaborate across functions as our business continues to grow rapidly
- Proactive, well-organised, and self-motivated
- Experience with hands on instrumentation development or modification to enable the running of complex experiments is required. This should include selecting and calibrating the relevant sensing hardware.
- Experience in python programming as applied to basic electronic hardware control is a plus
- Experience in processing and understanding complex data, and communicating the resulting information simply, to facilitate decision making, is an advantage
- Experience in agile product development and/or rapid prototyping is useful, but not essential
- Understanding the development of computational models of materials.
- Some experience or interest in the medical or aerospace industries would also be beneficial
This is a unique opportunity to be involved at an early stage in an exciting venture, in a role which will provide a huge variety of growth and learning opportunities.
Ready to apply?
Send your CV and a statement of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org