Medical Research Associate
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. As we grow our team, we are looking for an individual who shares our passion for designing and building innovative products to disrupt slow-moving industries. The successful applicant will be joining our team at an early stage, so will have a key role in helping to develop the first products based on our exciting research and patented technology.
This is a broad and varied role that will require working closely with our Chief Technical Officer and our Medical Research Manager to support the design and development of new products that will improve safety and save millions of dollars for the aerospace industry.
The successful candidate will work with the engineering team and medical specialists to establish the aviation medical trials required to certify our products with the aviation regulators. They will then be responsible for defining aeromedical certification requirements, coordinating trials campaign and reporting results. They will also support during discussions with the aviation regulator to establish new certification criteria and demonstrate adherence to the agreed medical certification basis.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating team player who is excited about working in a fast-paced environment, with either of the following backgrounds:
- Recent medical graduate
- Recent medicine graduate who has either left the medical profession to undertake other roles, or is considering new opportunities outside of medicine
- Proven methodical scientific approach to problem solving
- Desirable but not essential – Interest or experience in the aviation industry
- Aeromedical Test and Evaluation Specialist
- Experience of planning, executing and reporting on aviation medical trials (not necessarily medically trained)
- Desirable, but not essential – Experience of working within a team seeking Equivalent Safety Findings (or similar) from an aviation regulators
In addition to experience in one of the above areas, the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to support laboratory and prototype development activities and to ensure appropriate Health and Safety legislation is followed
- A demonstrated interest in supporting a business to quickly develop new ideas for solving complex technical problems
- Willingness to get stuck in to a variety different technical and business challenges, whenever needed
- Proven track record of working within small, agile teams
- Desirable but not essential – Working knowledge of system safety (in any relevant industry)
- Desirable but not essential – Proven experience as technical authority for organisational medical certification approach within the aerospace industry or similar industry
This is a unique opportunity to be involved at an early stage in an exciting venture that will provide a huge variety of growth and learning opportunities to the individual in the role.
Ready to apply?
Send your CV and a statement of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org