We are looking for an experienced aerospace engineer to take on the role of Head of Design Organisation, leading our Swiss-based DOA and aerospace certification activities for our exciting and innovative technology.
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. Having developed the first prototypes for our future products, we are looking for a Head of Design Organisation, who shares our passion for delivering innovative technology to disrupt the industry. The successful applicant will report to the Engineering Director, leading the Design Organisation in Switzerland, taking ownership of STC applications and certification, working alongside the UK based product design team.
The successful candidate will be joining a team formed from Boeing, Meggitt, Marshall Aerospace, Rolls-Royce and Honeywell Aerospace and top UK universities, with the opportunity to shape and deliver future aerospace products. They lead the Swiss Design Organisation in developing the necessary processes and compliance data, to support the certification of airworthy products and its installation, also acting in the role of deputy Chief of the Office of Airworthiness. They will have a flexible and creative approach to design, which will contribute to the development of new Equivalent Safety Findings or Means of Compliance, for novel systems, which are disruptive within the aviation industry.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating leader, that is excited about working in a fast-paced environment, with the following experience and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Systems /Avionics / Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Materials Engineering) or equivalent
- Capability to act as focal point for all design organisation responsibilities, as Head of Design and as a Form 4 holder (nominally 10 years experience in engineering or certification department).
- Ability to act as deputy for Chief of the Office of Airworthiness, with thorough and up to date knowledge of regulation and company procedures, specially with regards to the Type Investigation process
- Systems engineering capability, including validation and verification approach to development with a working knowledge of EASA Part-21, Subpart J and CS-25
- A collaborative approach to working with teams across sites and at sub-contractors with the desire to challenge the norm in a curious, proactive and collaborative manner
- Ability to conduct complex design calculations, analysis and test to support development and certification
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- Fluency in written and spoken English, including comfort discussing aerospace design and certification topics in English
- Existing or prior experience as Compliance Verification Engineer, desirable but not essential