Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. Having developed the first prototypes for our future products, we are looking for a Graduate Design Engineer, who shares our passion for delivering innovative technology to disrupt the industry. The successful applicant will be joining our team, working within our Design Organisation to develop the first products to be certified for use on aircraft, based on our exciting research and patented technology.
The successful candidate will be joining a team formed from Boeing, Meggitt, Marshall Aerospace, Rolls-Royce and Honeywell Aerospace and top UK universities, with the opportunity to shape and deliver future aerospace products. They will support the Design Organisation in developing robust design and compliance data, to support the certification of airworthy products. They will have a flexible and creative approach to design, which will contribute to the development of new Equivalent Safety Findings or Means of Compliance, for novel systems, which are disruptive within the aviation industry.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating team player, that is excited about working in a fast-paced environment, with the following experience and capabilities:
- Master’s Degree (in Systems /Avionics / Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Materials Engineering) or equivalent
- Able to analyse physical, material and geometric part characteristics
- Capable of design calculations and the interpretation of performance and structural analysis, with appreciation of design for environmental conditions
- An inquisitive and investigative mindset, along with willingness for “hands on” approach
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and produce high-quality engineering reports
- Good time and task management skills, along with ability to engage with suppliers and service providers
- Understanding of the aerospace development design lifecycle, including Requirements Management, Systems Engineering and Design Verification & Validation, is desirable but not essential
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- A passion for engineering and aerospace
- The ability to challenge the norm in a curious, proactive and collaborative manner