This is a broad and varied role to support the design and development of our first product, Cordillera, which will improve safety and save millions of dollars for the aerospace industry. You will also be involved in other future products across a number of industries. As our lead electronics hardware and software engineer you will act as the go-to for all things related developing electronic circuits boards and software solutions, you will get at all stages of product development, from R&D, to certification. You will be joining a diverse team, who collaborate closely to solve challenging problems that will make a huge difference to a range of industries, whilst having fun together along the way!
We are looking for an experienced, independent, self-motivating team player who is excited about working in a fast-paced environment fulfilling a wide variety of tasks.
You will be involved in development of concepts and proto-types in R&D at early stages of technology readiness, through to oversight, peer review and guidance of sub-contracted product development to industry standards, such as DO-178 and DO-254. We are open to considering people from engineering backgrounds, however suitable candidates are likely to have:
- A 1st class or 2:1 degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in electronic hardware/software development, including FPGA and/or micro-controller solutions
- Ability to generate and review PCB schematic and board layout solutions
- Ability to generate and interpret software code in a number of languages
- Experience in mathematical modelling of systems using software such as MATLAB Simulink, Python or other, desirable but not essential
- Understanding of aerospace standards such as RTCA-DO-178 and RTCA-DO-254 desirable, but not essential
- Experience of power distribution and protection, control system and built in test circuit design solutions
- Understanding of methods for protection against cyber security
- Knowledge of the aerospace development design lifecycle, including Requirements Management, Systems Engineering and Design Verification & Validation
- A demonstrated interest in supporting a team to quickly develop new ideas for solving complex technical problems
- Willingness to get stuck into a variety of different technical challenges, whenever needed
- Comfortable being personally accountable for projects
- Experience of mentoring and providing technical leadership and/or peer review to multi-discipline engineers, desirable but not essential
- Proactive, well organised and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels, both internally and externally
- Experience in agile product development and/ or rapid product development, desirable but not essential
This is a unique opportunity to be involved at an early stage in an exciting venture, in a role which will provide a huge variety of growth and learning opportunities.