Head of Research & Development
We are hiring a Head of Research & Development, based in London, to help us develop exciting new products based on our innovative technology.
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. We have developed and patented a new technology which successfully re-thinks the science behind human performance, safety, and survival in various critical situations which we believe will help make the world a greener and safer place.
This is a broad and varied leadership role to support the design and development of new products that will improve safety, reduce emissions and save millions of dollars for the aerospace industry, and has the potential to save lives by improving medical technology. The Head of R&D will oversee a team of R&D engineers, across a number of concurrent product development streams for a number of market sectors, developing new concepts to a suitable Technology Readiness for the design team to take to market.
We will ask you to get involved in everything from developing and patenting initial ideas and concepts, through to working with the suppliers that will manufacture our final products. You will be joining a diverse team, who collaborate closely to solve challenging problems that will make a huge difference to a range of industries, whilst having fun together along the way!
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating technical leader who is excited about working in a fast-paced environment across a range of technical disciplines. We are open to considering people from a variety of scientific & engineering backgrounds, however suitable candidates are likely to have:
- Experience of technical leadership within a relevant Research & Development organisation
- Strong leadership qualities with a passion for supporting team members reach their full potential
- A demonstrated interest in supporting a business to quickly develop new ideas for solving complex technical problems
- Willingness to get stuck in to a variety different technical challenges, whenever needed, with a start-up company mindset
- Specialists from a range of backgrounds will be considered, including physics, engineering, chemical engineering or bio engineering, but the applicant must have breadth of understanding of a range of technical subjects, in order to lead all elements of the company’s R&D activities
- Understanding of the development of computational models of materials
- Ability to collaborate across functions, as our business continues to grow rapidly
- A proactive and well-organised approach
- Experience in agile product development and/or rapid prototyping is highly desirable
This is a unique opportunity to be involved at an early stage in an exciting venture, in a critical role which will provide a huge variety of growth and learning opportunities.
Ready to apply?
Send your CV and a statement of motivation to email@example.com