Research & Development Engineer (Intern)
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. We have developed and patented a new technology which successfully re-thinks the science behind human performance, safety and survival in various critical situations which we believe will help make the world a greener and safer place.
We are currently working to develop prototypes for our future products and are looking for an engineering intern who shares our passion for delivering innovative new technology that will disrupt the aerospace industry. As a successful applicant, you will be joining our company at an early stage and work as a fully-functioning member of the R&D team to develop your own component or sub-system for our next prototype. This means you will have a direct impact on our future success, by using your engineering and project leadership skills.
Working closely with our small R&D team, you will be tasked with taking an element of our current prototype and evolving the design of that component in your own vision. This might be to increase performance, reduce size and weight, or maybe even develop a completely new functional characteristic.
At Caeli Nova we strongly believe that everyone in the organisation is a leader in their own right. This means you will be accountable for defining your project requirements, planning the activities and then delivering on your commitment to the team, with the rest of the organisation supporting you along the way. The successful candidate will have a flexible and creative approach to system design, which will allow them to influence innovation within the company.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating team player, that is excited about working in a fast-paced environment, with the following experience and capabilities:
- Studying at a leading university in either Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical or Aerospace Engineering (or other relevant engineering subject); Natural Sciences or Computer Science candidates with an interest in engineering will also be considered
- A demonstrated interest in supporting a team to quickly develop new ideas for solving complex technical problems
- Comfortable being personally accountable for projects
- Willingness to get stuck in to a variety different technical challenges, whenever needed
- Able to work effectively and professionally across all levels of an organisation
- Experience in agile product development and/or rapid prototyping (useful, but not essential)
- Some experience or interest in aerospace or medical industries would also be beneficial
This is a unique opportunity to be involved at a very early stage in an exciting venture that will provide a huge variety of growth and learning opportunities to the individual in the role.
Ready to apply?
Send your CV and a statement of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org