Design Engineer (Intern)
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. Having developed the first prototypes for our future products, we are looking for Design Engineering Interns, who share our passion for delivering innovative technology to disrupt the industry. The successful applicant will be joining our team at an early stage, so will work closely with our design team to develop the first industrialised products, based on our exciting research and patented technology.
The successful candidate will be joining a team formed from Boeing, Rolls-Royce, Cobham, Meggitt and GSK as well as an R&D team from top UK universities, with the opportunity to shape future aerospace products. They will support the Head of Design Organisation in transforming R&D concepts into aerospace design solutions and then into certified, airworthy products. They will have a flexible and creative approach to design, which will allow the development of novel systems which are disruptive within the aviation industry.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating team player, that is excited about working in a fast-paced environment, with the following experience and capabilities:
- Studying Aerospace Engineering/Mechanical Engineering /Bio-Medical Engineering or equivalent
- A capable CAD designer with design for manufacture skills
- Capable of design calculations and the interpretation of performance and structural analysis
- Understanding of the aerospace development design lifecycle, including Requirements Management, Systems Engineering and Design Verification & Validation
- The ability to design aircraft fluid and/or mechanical systems
- Able to create engineering drawings and high-quality engineering reports
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- The ability to challenge the norm in a curious, proactive and collaborative manner
This is a unique opportunity to be involved, at a early stage, in shaping the future of an exciting venture, in a role that will provide a huge variety of opportunities for growth and learning.
Ready to apply?
Send your CV and a statement of motivation to email@example.com