Aerospace Design Engineer
Caeli Nova is an exciting early-stage venture at the intersection of the medical technology and aerospace industries. Having developed the first prototypes for our future products, we are looking for an Aerospace Design Engineer, who shares our passion for delivering innovative technology to disrupt the industry. The successful applicant will be joining our team at an early stage, so will work closely with our Head of Design, Certification Manager and Senior Aerospace Design Engineer to develop the first industrialised products, based on our exciting research and patented technology.
The successful candidate will be joining a team formed from Boeing CDG, Meggitt, Marshall Aerospace and GSK as well as an R&D team from top UK universities, with the opportunity to shape future aerospace products. They will support the Head of Design Organisation in transforming R&D concepts into aerospace design solutions and then into certified, airworthy products. They will have a flexible and creative approach to design, which will allow the development of new Equivalent Safety Findings or Means of Compliance, for novel systems which are disruptive within the aviation industry.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivating team player, who is excited about working in a fast-paced environment, with the following experience and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Systems /Avionics / Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical/ Electronic engineering) or equivalent
- 2+ Years of experience in aerospace design role, with both concept and detailed design capability
- A capable CAD designer with design for manufacture skills
- Capable of design calculations and the interpretation of performance and structural analysis
- Understanding of the aerospace development design lifecycle, including Requirements Management, Systems Engineering and Design Verification & Validation
- The ability to design aircraft fluid and/or mechanical systems (experience in aircraft cabin systems is desirable, but not essential)
- Able to create engineering drawings and high-quality engineering reports
- Ability to engage with component suppliers, including the ability to support in the generation of supplier Statements of Work and System Specifications
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- The ability to challenge the norm in a curious, proactive and collaborative manner
Ready to apply?
Send your CV and a statement of motivation to email@example.com